Sunday, November 2, 2008

Lantern Walk

Well, after how many years of living in Cincinnati, I finally made it to the Clifton Lantern Walk!!! With the change in time, it was dark by six. The walk was lit with hundreds of paper sacks filled with sand and candles, and we were able to walk on the road. Perhaps 150 people or so showed up. Maybe more. I'm never a good judge of crowd size. There were many beautiful and colorful lanterns. Everything from old style tin-punched cans to colorful moons to paper stars to stainglass windows (cutouts with colored tissue paper). Here is a photo of my own low budget lantern.



Photobucket



And a more well-lit photo to see the detail. (cut out with an exacto knife in about 2 minutes...)




Photobucket


Unfortunately, I forgot to take my camera, so no photos of the sea of lanterns bobbing fore and aft.

No comments: