Thursday, November 13, 2008

Oeufs en Cocotte

A very simple, decadent pleasure that I have somehow missed before this. Being a lover of eggs-- fried, scrambled, in an omelette, on a bagel, sunny-side up with toast, poached, even occasionally in a quiche-- I have somehow missed ever trying these. Or even knowing about these. (Although supposedly they were discussed in Julie and Julia.. a favorite book I now need to read again.) Until this week, when I went searching for ways to use up creme fraiche.

I love creme fraiche with grapes. But there are really only so many grapes with creme fraiche I can eat in a week. Thus... the search for recipes and my discovery of my new favorite food. Oeufs en Cocotte. Tonight marked the third time in a week I have made one for myself, and the week is not over.

I started with the recipe from the blog Chocolate and Zucchini and have been trying different variations. My favorite so far was made with ham, a dash of seasoning salt, and parmesan over the top....

No comments: